Do you have a high level of personal drive and focus on objectives? Do you love crushing goals? Does talking to people come naturally to you? Are you equally as passionate about process as you are about people? Does improvement excite you? Then our customer support team wants to hear from you!
Who is Trellis?
Trellis is an all-in-one platform for online, in-person and every fundraiser in-between. Our platform is designed to support charities, non-profits, and social enterprises as they create and host online fundraisers. Fundraisers can host event ticket registration, donations, silent and live auctions, raffles, 50/50s, and eCommerce through our tools to help raise more funds for the causes they care about.
Our mission is to empower organizations in the social sector so they create more impact in their communities. By fostering social enterprise, sustainable development, and impact-focused work, Trellis is shifting the nonprofit and charity sector into the future of sustainable social development.
We like to break down our mission into 4 words… Empower Global Collective Impact!
And what that really means is…
Empower – We create tools and a platform to simplify how others can make a difference.
Global – We are a scalable solution.
Collective – It is everyone’s responsibility, not just charities, to help fix our world’s toughest problems.
Impact – Focused on long term, sustainable outcomes.
About The Role
Trellis is looking for a new Customer Support Superstar who is prepared to take our Customer support to the next level! We’re looking for a passionate individual to join our team in helping charities & non-profits across North America. As a Customer Support Expert at Trellis, you will be on the front lines: speaking with clients & helping guide them through our platform, communicating any new bugs or issues that are identified, communicating with various members of both the growth and dev team to ensure client needs are addressed, problem solving and doing some sleuthing to get answers, showing initiative in building processes, and streamlining our CS processes and procedures. The Growth Team has ambitious goals, and you’ll be a big part in helping us achieve them!
Additionally, while this role’s main focus will be supporting customers on our platform with their inquiries daily, this person will also be building out and optimizing our support tool, and developing our customer support triaging processes. Our new addition also has a growth mindset, which will allow them to shift between the day-to-day customer facing tasks, and thinking big picture for our support processes . Achieving success in this role will allow you to take on more responsibility and grow into a position that matches your skill set and our team’s needs. We are looking for someone experienced in customer support who knows how to use support tools and live chat software, and who can help us delight our customers, even if (and especially when) they are needing extra care. Additionally, our new hire has an interest in growing with the team, including training and managing our offshore support team when the time is right.
To be successful at Trellis, you will need:
- Passion for meeting and achieving goals
- A high level of personal drive and focus on objectives
- Desire to jump headfirst into a high-growth startup environment and think creatively
- A passion for people and for process
- An ability to see the big picture – can you plan long term growth while solving short term issues?
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Friendly demeanor and tone to your conversation style
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly ambitious & motivated
- Very process-oriented
- Must have experience in Customer Success or support for a tech startup
- Ideally, experience working with Intercom (2+ years). Other CS platforms will be considered.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engage with organizations and donors via chat support, email, phone, and video conferencing.
- Solve problems and find solutions to user issues in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining politeness, kindness, and professionalism.
- Configure Intercom so that it is functioning at its highest level so that we can delight our clients
- Build out customer support processes so that you can train and maintain team members as the team grows
- Potentially train and manage an offshore CS team in the future
- Monitor and report customer support metrics – volume, types of inquiries, time to resolution, etc
- Build and maintain our help desk articles
- Work closely with the Growth Team to improve your process. We’ll work together and share ideas on how to get better!
- Track record of process improvement work – specifically in Customer support
- Prior customer support experience at a tech start-up
- Expertise with Intercom
- Team management experience
- Knowledge of the non-profit space
If you have these 4 mindsets, you may be a good fit with our team:
- Team mindset – Team focused, collaboration, share problems
- Growth mindset – Take chances, fail fast, learn, grow, continuously improve
- Purpose mindset – Desire for purposeful work & making an impact
- Startup mindset – Hustle, initiative, flexible mindset to changing priorities
What We Offer
- Employee stock options
- Full benefits package
- Flexible work schedule
- An environment of open communication, recognition, learning, growing, feedback & continuous improvement
- Opportunity to work with a tight knit, friendly team of go-getters
- A career with real purpose!
If this sounds exciting to you, please apply here – tell us a bit about yourself and why you think you’re a great fit!
Ideally, candidates will be located in Kelowna, BC, but remote work within Canada will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Things we’d love to know more about! (Please include these in your job application)
- What specifically interests you in this role? Why choose Trellis?
- What one thing is MOST important for you to have in your next role? Be specific ????
- Why does this role make sense for you as a next step in your career?
- What experience do you have related to customer support, managing a customer support team, and using Intercom (or other CS chat software)?
- Do you have any of the “bonus points” outlined in the job description?
- Are you currently legally entitled to work in Canada? In other words, do you have Canadian citizenship, PR or a valid work permit?
- Where did you first see this job ad?