Are you a Back End Software Developer (Intermediate or Senior) who has always wanted to use your talents on meaningful work with real purpose?
Who is Trellis?
Trellis is an all-in-one platform for virtual, in-person and every fundraiser in-between. Our platform is designed to support charities, organizations, and social enterprises as they create and host online fundraisers. Fundraisers can host event ticket registration, donations, silent and live auctions, raffles and eCommerce through our tools to help raise more funds for their causes and the causes they care about.
Our mission is to empower organizations in the social sector so they create more impact in their communities. By fostering social enterprise, sustainable development, and impact-focused work, Trellis is shifting the nonprofit and charity sector into the future of sustainable social development.
We like to break down our mission into 4 words… Empower Global Collective Impact!
And what that really means is…
Empower – We create tools and a platform to simplify how others can make a difference.
Global – We are a scalable solution.
Collective – It is everyone’s responsibility, not just charities, to help fix our world’s toughest problems.
Impact – Focused on long term, sustainable outcomes.
About The Role
Are you a Back End Software Developer who has always wanted to use your talents on meaningful work with real purpose?
We are looking for a Back End Software Developer (Intermediate or Senior) to help us increase the scalability of our global fundraising platform to accommodate our rapid growth – in the last year we’ve grown 5X! You will be joining a small, lightweight, agile product team who deeply understands our customers and has a mission to help them increase their fundraising capabilities. You will be responsible for building new features, tools and products that will be used to power collective social impact around the world.
We are looking for an individual that has:
- Strong backend knowledge, express/nest would be good, but Spring/Django would be fine as well
- Nestjs or Node.js and TypeScript preferred or similar backend technologies
- 3+ years of progressive experience in software development
- A degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Proficient with Git version control
- Ability to write clean code that is easy to understand
- Self-sufficient, ability to unblock yourself and know when to ask for help or offer to help others
- Strong communication skills by sharing ideas, progress and feedback
If you have these 4 mindsets, you may be a good fit with our team:
- Team mindset – Team focused, collaboration, share problems
- Growth mindset – Take chances, fail fast, learn, grow, continuously improve
- Purpose mindset – Desire for purposeful work & making an impact
- Startup mindset – Hustle, initiative, flexible mindset to changing priorities
What We Offer
- Employee stock options
- Full benefits package
- Flexible work schedule
- An environment of open communication, recognition, learning, growing, feedback & continuous improvement
- Opportunity to work with a tight knit, friendly team of go-getters
- A career with real purpose!
If this sounds exciting to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – tell us a bit about yourself and why you think you’re a great fit!
Ideally, candidates will be located in Kelowna, BC, but remote work within Canada will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.