Who is Trellis?
Trellis is an all-in-one platform for virtual, in-person and every fundraiser in-between. Our platform is designed to support charities, organizations, and social enterprises as they create and host online fundraisers. Fundraisers can host event ticket registration, donations, silent and live auctions, raffles and eCommerce through our tools to help raise more funds for their causes and the causes they care about.
Our mission is to empower organizations in the social sector so they create more impact in their communities. By fostering social enterprise, sustainable development, and impact-focused work, Trellis is shifting the nonprofit and charity sector into the future of sustainable social development.
We like to break down our mission into 4 words… Empower Global Collective Impact!
And what that really means is…
Empower – We create tools and a platform to simplify how others can make a difference.
Global – We are a scalable solution.
Collective – It is everyone’s responsibility, not just charities, to help fix our world’s toughest problems.
Impact – Focused on long term, sustainable outcomes.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer who wants to take ownership – from inception to deployment – of our platform that helps charities raise money. If the following describes you, then you should most definitely apply:
- YOU look for customer problems to solve and are fiercely passionate about iterating toward solutions.
- YOU want to own every aspect of UX/UI design.
- YOU want a role and environment where you have freedom and support to try new things and unleash your potential.
- YOU have a well-rounded portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications and demonstrates a strong understanding of client objectives.
- YOU want to use your gifts and talents on meaningful work with real purpose.
What will you be doing? Glad you asked! Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the product management as key product owner
- Setting design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research
- Creating user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, customer needs and user feedback
- Translating ideas into user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns and attractive user interfaces
- Designing UI elements such as input controls, navigational components and informational components
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables) and promotional materials
- Rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborating effectively with team members and stakeholders
- Incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience
- Identifying new product improvement opportunities
- Analyzing how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences
What We’re Looking For:
In addition to the description listed above what what we’re looking for in the perfect candidate, we’re also looking for:
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Strong working knowledge of design software such as Adobe XD, Illustrator, Sketch App, Figma, InVision, Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for aesthetics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently using best practices
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Open to receiving feedback, learning and growing
- Relevant post-secondary education
If you have these 4 mindsets, you may be a good fit with our team:
- Team mindset – Team focused, collaboration, share problems
- Growth mindset – Take chances, fail fast, learn, grow, continuously improve
- Purpose mindset – Desire for purposeful work & making an impact
- Startup mindset – Hustle, initiative, flexible mindset to changing priorities
What We Offer
- Employee stock options
- Full benefits package
- Flexible work schedule
- An environment of open communication, recognition, learning, growing, feedback & continuous improvement
- Opportunity to work with a tight knit, friendly team of go-getters
- A career with real purpose!
If this sounds exciting to you, please tell us a bit about yourself and why you think you’re a great fit by applying here!
The ideal candidate will be located in Kelowna, BC and will have the option of working in-office or hybrid (office/work from home). Remote work within Canada will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.