Our team keeps growing! We’re looking for a Product Designer (UX), and maybe it’s you! Read below to see what we’re looking for, and reach out if you think it could be a fit.
Who is Trellis?
We’re a social enterprise enabling charities and their supporters (champions) to make beautiful fundraising events and campaign pages while saving them time by automating tax receipting and payment processing. Through our pages, customers are able to increase their ticket sales and donations by featuring engaging content, additional donation prompts, and upsell options throughout their event and campaign pages.
Our mission is to empower organizations in the social sector so they create more impact in their communities. By fostering social enterprise, sustainable development, and impact-focused work, Trellis is shifting the nonprofit and charity sector into the future of sustainable social development.
We like to breakdown our mission to 4 words.
Trellis Powers Global Collective Impact.
And what that really means is…
Power. We create tools and a platform to simplify how people can make a difference
Global. We are a scalable solution
Collective. It’s everyone’s responsibility, not just charities, to help fix our world’s toughest problems.
Impact. We’re focused on long-term, sustainable outcomes.
We need a Product Designer (UX) just like you.
We are looking for someone who will make our fundraisers and donors feel AWESOME from using our products. Responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. Translate customer insights into user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
- Translate ideas into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- 2+ years of UX design experience.
- Strong working knowledge of design software such as XD, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, or Framer.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Debriefing and feedback sessions with clients to understand current UX issues.
- Experience using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
Culture, Compensation, and working at Trellis.
Our culture fit comes down to two things:
- Purpose – We want our team to have a purpose that is driving them first, before profit.
- Startup – We are a lean team; we believe in iteration, validation, continual learning, and having a lot of fun.
Your compensation will be competitive. Employee Stock Options and a full benefits package will be available as well.
Ideally, this person is located in Kelowna, BC, but remote work within Canada is acceptable.
If this role sounds like you, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and CV telling us a bit about yourself.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.