Early Years Thriving Community of Practice
Session 1 -Monday, Feb 26th, 2024 : 6:30pm -8:30pm PST
Workshop Title: Educator Capacity Building: Enhancing Inclusive Environments Description: This session will act as an introductory session and will focus on honouring the experiences and voices of the Educators in the group through reflective discussion. In this session, educators will:
● Learn about capacity building and what it can look like within early years spaces.
● Think about ways to decenter the child to challenge deficit narratives and uncover biases
● Get an overview of the Early Years Thriving Model to support inclusive practice.
Session 2 -Monday, March 11, 2024 : 6:30pm -8:30pm PST
Workshop Title: Creating Curriculum with Kindness and Empathy
Description: A growth mindset drives motivation and learning, while kindness and empathy are often taught as emotional themes. The way educators teach these concepts can either positively or negatively impact the mindset and emotional state of children. In this workshop, participants will:
● Learn about how to foster a growth mindset in young children
● Explore mindfulness techniques for children and educators to share together
● Learn to cultivate a living curriculum that balances a growth mindset with kindness and empathy.
Session 3- Tuesday, April 16th , 2024 6:30-8:30pm PST
Workshop Title: Supporting Emotional and Mental Health Strategies for ECEs Description: The goal of this workshop is to show educators appreciation and provide Early Childhood Educators with space to share their feelings. In this workshop educators will get information about the signs of burnout, and what they can do to combat burnout. In this session, educators will:
● Discuss emotional and mental health strategies that help them in their work
● Learn how they communicate and advocate for themselves, their needs, and boundaries.
● Explore ways to creating a positive outlook and positive work environment.
Ana Valle Rivera
Title: Child Development & Education Consultant, Founder of Early Years Thriving
Bio: Ana is a proud mother of three, a public speaker, a consultant, and the founder of Early Years Thriving. Since 2007 Ana has worked with children and families with
complex needs using inclusive and trauma-informed approaches. Ana has a
background in ECE, a Bachelor’s Degree in Child and Youth Care, and is currently
completing a Master’s Degree in Professional Education in ECE.