LakeCity Works Urban Cabin Raffle
LakeCity Works is a non-profit organization in Dartmouth, NS which was founded forty years ago to support individuals living with mental illness. Our clients choose us to support them as they pursue their goals to learn new skills, access education and find employment. Many of these opportunities are created through our diverse range of social enterprises which include; manufacturing beautiful solid wood furniture, producing outdoor furniture from recycled plastic, property maintenance services, computer refurbishment and so much more. Each year we run a fundraiser project to help us generate support for our client programming. Our urban cabins are great additions for any home, making use of outdoor space to create an additional room. They can be used as a home office, kids playroom, hobby space and so much more. Their small footprint and simple design means they can be installed without any need for planning permission. Utilities can be added to our urban cabins retrospectively, depending on the owner’s preference. The efficient design makes the most use of the space available, enabling homes to grow with their people. Support this fundraiser today for a chance to win your very own urban cabin, including delivery, OR you can decide our alternative prize of a $10,000 shopping spree at LakeCity Woodworkers located at 386 Windmill Rd, Dartmouth, NS. There will also be six early bird prizes we are giving away near the end of every month, the earlier you purchase, the more opportunities you will have to win the early bird prizes.
Six Early Bird Prizes
Urban Cabin Progression Photo
Keep up with the latest updates of our grand prize!
LakeCity Works Urban Cabin Raffle House Rules
Tickets are $25 each or 5 for $100!
The exact location of the draw:
The draw to determine the LakeCity Works Urban Cabin Lottery Winner will be conducted on March 17th, 2023, 4:00PM, at 386 Windmill Road, Dartmouth, NS.
How the draw will be conducted:
Tickets will be sold from September 1st, 2022 until 8,000 tickets have been sold or until midnight March 14th, 2023. Tickets will be $25.00 each or 5 for $100.00 and there is no limit to how many tickets may be purchased by an individual. Tickets will be sold online through Trellis (https://www.trellis.org/lakecityworks) or can be purchased from LakeCity directly at the retail store at 386 Windmill Road, Dartmouth, NS B3A 1J5. All tickets sold (in person or electronically) will be printed by LakeCity Works March 16th, 2023.
How Winners will be determined:
SIX EARLY BIRD PRIZES: near the end of each month starting in September, and until the end of February, an officiant of the LakeCity Works Urban Cabin Raffle will draw one ballot per prize level from the ballot box. The Winners will be contacted by telephone and/or by email. Winners will have to provide photo ID in order to claim the prize.
Restrictions (Sponsors/ family members):
The following, including their spouse and any related or dependent person residing in the same household, are prohibited from purchasing a ticket: The LakeCity Works Board members and LakeCity Works’ staff. Purchasers must be at least 19 years of age. Tickets must be purchased in Nova Scotia. Total retail value of the prizes is approximately $29,989. Ticket purchases are not tax deductible; all prizes are not taxable.
Prize claim requirements:
The Winner(s) will have 90 days to claim their prizes. In the case of the Grand Prize; once the prize has been claimed the winner will have an additional 30 days to coordinate delivery of the urban cabin unit. It shall be the responsibility of LakeCity Works to coordinate with a third party to deliver the urban cabin to a location in Nova Scotia subject to the conditions listed below:
· Winner confirms they have the legal right to accept delivery of the building on the land they nominate
· The delivery is limited to a road accessible property located in Nova Scotia
· The prize will be delivered to the roadside of the nominated address.
· The building is provided without water or power infrastructure in order to avoid any need for planning permission. These can be added by the owner following delivery if desired.
· Delivery is subject to the availability of the third party delivery service although all reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate scheduling.
· Should the winner select the alternate first prize, the building ownership will revert to LakeCity Works.
· It is the winner’s responsibility to comply with any local requirements for garden buildings.
Winners consent to the use of their name and photograph by the licensee for publicity purposes.
The order in which prizes will be awarded:
SIX EARLY BIRD PRIZES: To be drawn at the end of each month.
· September 29th, 2022 Prize: One Rocking Chair made by LakeCity Woodworkers valued at $745
· October 31st, 2022 Prize: One Jelly Cupboard made by LakeCity Woodworkers valued at $975
· November 30th, 2022 Prize: Two End Tables made by LakeCity Woodworkers valued at $1840
· December 23rd,, 2022 Prize: One Pantry made by LakeCity Woodworkers valued at $3520
· January 31st, 2023 Prize: One Smile Chair made by LakeCity Woodworkers valued at $560
· February 28th, 2023: One Adirondack Chair made by LakeCity Plastics valued at $349
· Grand Prize: One Urban cabin built by LakeCity Works including delivery; Valued at $22,000
· Alternate Grand Prize: One $10,000 Shopping Spree at LakeCity Woodworkers valid until December 31st 2023.
The circumstances in which cash in lieu of prizes will be offered:
In the event that the urban cabin is damaged beyond repair as a result of LakeCity Works actions after the Winner has been selected and before the 90 day deadline for removal, LakeCity Works will reimburse the Winner all costs for tickets plus $22,000.
In the event that the Winner of the Grand Prize does not wish to accept the Urban Cabin as their prize, they may choose to accept the alternate prize of a $10,000 Shopping Spree at LakeCity Woodworkers. Purchases can be made until the total value has been spent or until December 31st 2023.
The procedure if the Winner cannot be located:
If the Winner(s) do not claim their prizes within 90 days, they will forfeit their right to the prize(s). After the 90-day period, another draw will take place and there would be another 90 days to claim the prize.
How do I get my tickets?
A copy of your tickets will be emailed to you, and a printed copy will be placed in the draw and drawn by hand at the specified time. If you don't see your ticket in your email, be sure to check your spam folder. Do the nature of emailed lottery tickets, delivery is usually a matter of minutes but can take up to 24 hours if your email provider flags it. If you have a charge on your card, you are in the draw! If your tickets have not arrived via email within 36 hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our support team can send you a copy.
What is the deadlines for ticket sales?
Ticket sales close on March 14th, 2023 at 11:59. The Draw will be 4pm on March 17th, 2023.
Can I get a tax receipt for my raffle tickets?
No - Raffle tickets are not tax-deductible.
However, there are donation options available as well as tickets. Donations do not affect the raffle and are not required to play. Donations are appreciated, and a tax receipt will be issued for donations!