Sprout Terms & Conditions
2019 Sprout a Fundraiser Challenge
Full Challenge Rules
YOUR USE OF THE TRELLIS PLATFORM ENTERS YOU IN THE CHALLENGE AND YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE CONSTITUTES FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CHALLENGE RULES AND REGULATIONS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CHALLENGE, EACH PARTICIPANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT THEY MEET THESE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND THAT THEY HAVE READ, ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND AND COMPLY WITH THESE RULES (THE “CHALLENGE RULES”).
The 2019 Sprout Fundraising Challenge (the “Challenge”) begins on September 1, 2019, at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on December 31, 2019, at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Challenge Period”).
This Challenge is open to all Champions (individuals and organizations) in the Okanagan-Thompson region (which stretches from Princeton in the west to Golden and the Alberta border in the east, to Osoyoos and the Washington state border in the south) who are raising funds and awareness to create change in the world and who use the Trellis platform between September 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019, who are legal residents of Canada and have reached the age of majority in British Columbia.
Employees, sponsors, and judges (and those people with whom they are domiciled) of Trellis, and/or their subsidiaries or affiliates, or their respective advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers or the independent Challenge administrator and their respective representatives (collectively “Trellis Supporters”) are not eligible to enter the Challenge.
HOW TO ENTER
When you launch a fundraiser after September 1, 2019 using Trellis’s platform, you will automatically be entered into the Challenge for the competition.
Each event will be entered as one eligible. The “Sprout Account” must be active and in good standing on December 31, 2019 in order to qualify as an entry.
There is (1) one prize of ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) of funds to be donated to the winning campaign. An additional ten thousand dollars in prizes will be awarded for campaigns that score well in the categories. Prizes will be awarded to the participants for scoring well in the following categories: (1) Impact of Fundraiser (2) Long-Term Outcomes of donated funding (3) Reach of the Campaign (Number of People/Shares/Likes and Awareness) (4) Creativity. Judges have sole and final discretion and scoring in the above categories.
There is a maximum of one (1) Prize per fundraiser. By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees that he or she is solely responsible for any consequences of accepting the Prize. The Prizes are not transferable and will be awarded to the winners only. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION
On February 12, 2020, in Kelowna, BC starting at approximately 10:00 a.m. PT, the winners of the Challenge will be selected. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries during the Challenge Period.
All prize winners will be notified by telephone or email at the telephone number or email address associated with the entrant’s Sprout Account within seven (7) calendar days of the judging. Before being declared a winner, the selected participant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited multi-step mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or mail.
The selected entrants will be required to sign and return, within ten (10) calendar days of notification, the Sponsor’s standard form of Declaration of Liability, Waiver and Publicity Release (the “Release”) which, among other things:
- confirms compliance with the Challenge Rules;
- releases the Trellis Supporters, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors (collectively “Released Parties”) and assigns from any liability in connection with the Challenge, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and
- grants to applicable Released Parties the right to use the selected participant’s name, address (city and province/territory) and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the Challenge without further notice or compensation in any publicly or for promotional purposes carried out by or on behalf of Trellis or the Trellis Supporters. If a selected participant does not meet any one of the Challenge conditions as follows:
- the selected participant cannot be contacted by mail or telephone within ten (10) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable;
- the selected participant fails to correctly answer the multi-step mathematical skill-testing question;
- the selected participant’s Sprout Account is closed; or
- the selected participant does not sign and return the properly executed Release within the specified time, that entry can, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified and the Sponsor shall be entitled to select a new eligible winner from all remaining eligible entries.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact any potential winner, whether as a result of human error or otherwise. Once declared a winner, the selected participant will be directed as to how to claim his or her Prize.
- This Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- The decisions of the Challenge judges with respect to all aspects of this Challenge are final and binding on all participants without right of appeal.
- By entering this Challenge, participants agree to hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of:
- entrant’s participation in the Challenge;
- the receipt or use/misuse of the prize (or any component thereof) awarded therein; and
- the administration of the Challenge and distribution of the prizes.
- All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Trellis – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification):
- for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Challenge;
- for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Challenge; and/or
- For any other reason Trellis deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Challenge in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Trellis.
- Trellis reserves the right to disqualify any person and void any entries of that person who it believes has tampered with the entry process or any other component of the Challenge, whose conduct or action affects the administration, security or fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge, or who fails to meet or abide by the Challenge Rules.
- Trellis does not assume any responsibility and will not be liable for any failure of the Trellis platform during the Challenge, tampering, theft, defects, viruses, human errors including negligence, deletions, technical or telephone, computer line, network, server, access providers, computer equipment or software problems, undeliverable messages, computer errors, lost, misdirected, late or incomplete entries or inaccurate capture of information or any online difficulties that may result in computer damage or malfunction or the failure of Trellis to receive or process any entry and otherwise award any prize. Trellis is not responsible for printing errors appearing in these rules or related Challenge materials. In addition, Trellis will not assume any responsibility of any nature whatsoever in all cases where their inability to hold the Challenge or to remit the prizes to the winners results from a cause beyond their control, including acts of god, weather conditions, strike, lock-out or other labour dispute.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Challenge is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should an attempt be made, Trellis reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Trellis reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Challenge in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind without prior notice or obligation.
- Trellis reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Challenge in any way, in the event of an error, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Trellis that interferes with the proper conduct of this Challenge as contemplated by these Challenge Rules.